Monday, August 24, 2015

CMB Item of the Week: Perfect little green dress :)

Happy Monday everyone!
I got this dress last week and had to share this excellent find! I spent my lunch break perusing the H&M sales rack, looking for a couple cheap dresses that paired well with a cardigan and were just long enough to wear to the office. It's still sooooo hot in NYC, and finding weather-appropriate and work-appropriate clothes has been hard.

Thankfully, the rich green in this dress caught my eye immediately. It's fun but also professional and chic. 
H&M Textured-knit dress

Let's be clear. The dress looked much longer hanging up. I bought it without trying it on because it was only $17.99! Can't beat that. The color is also super versatile. This is cool for a summer evening out for drinks with friends, followed by more cocktails at a chill lounge. 

But this green! It's perfect for a brisk fall day. I'll take these booties, or maybe some brown booties. If I'm feeling really jazzy, I'd grab some patterned tights too. 

(That's really living on the wild side for me. TWO patterned pieces in one outfit?! #yolo)

After I bought this dress, I hung it up and was so excited to wear it the next day. I got up that morning and put it on. Yup, just as I suspected. The front was long enough but the back was losing a fight with my backside. It was too short to wear to the office. Dammit.

What was I to do? I had 5 minutes left before I needed to leave home for the subway. I still had to make lunch, get my hair together and pack my purse. I grabbed a pair of long leggings (Target) and this necklace from Stella & Dot. I really like this necklace because it's a 3-in-1. I decided to wear one necklace and these studs.




When I finally put everything together, I liked it! Once I got to the office, I switched to some black leather flats (not pictured). 

Outfit plus a twist-out :)

Great pic of the Fortuna necklace.

Fun because I'm living for taking pics in cute outfits for yall!
What's your favorite new item of the week?

Join our mailing list for updates on our blog , programs and services,+ exclusive access to my periscope tutorials !

xoxo,
Courtney
Founder/CEO 


No comments:

Post a Comment