Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Women Against Feminism? Nobody has time for that




I must admit, I can relate to the stereotypical reactions author Heather Martin hates. When I think of feminism and read articles such as this one on the topic, I rarely identify with the points. While I agree, as a woman, I could not support a "Women Against Feminism" movement because it is politically backwards and not at all advantageous for women - I still cannot resonate with Martin's feelings or anecdotes. At work, I do not complain about my colleagues seeing me as a woman and not an HR professional. I am a black woman with big, nappy hair. My black femininity is the first thing they see and I want them to embrace every unique and beautiful part of my identities. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment